What We Do
Founder and President
GAIA HOME* Project Management - consulting services in
Home and Garden
* a division of LESLIE ENTERPRISES, an independent
Canadian management consulting and project development firm.
GAIA HOME* Project Management
- takes a constructive, problem-solving approach to
challenges and draws on a commitment to integrity, capable
organizational abilities and valuable experience working with regulators,
building trades and gardening contractors.
- manages cooperative processes among property owners,
government agencies and contractors to develop, restore and renovate
property, with a focus on beautiful, practical, cost-efficient results
and maximum property value enhancement.
- creates and restores gardens to provide low
maintenance, planet friendly sanctuary and long term personal and family
Sample projects include:
- Modernized a charming century home in old Britannia
Village. Maintained cottage appearance; installed state of the art
windows, doors, kitchen, bathroom, hardwood floors, wrap-around porch,
traditional double lot garden.
- Completely restored a derelict, three story Victorian
brick home in Sandy Hill; modern high efficiency, low maintenance
interior with 19th century look and atmosphere.
- 1839's stone house and out buildings near Perth. Two
year project, included six bedroom home, all new infrastructure
(basement, heating, well & septic, hydro ...), pottery studio and
children's play room in former drive shed, five acres of lawns and
gardens, swimming pool, period fences, two 60 ft perennial beds, 200 ft
shore front on stream. Upon completion, property value estimated at more
than four times cost price.
- Modernized a large family home in Rockcliffe Park,
including sun room and dining room additions, maid's quarters, one acre
of lawns and garden, field stone garden wall.
- Redesigned and winterized a 1945 classic Ontario cottage
at Rideau Ferry. New dwelling has look and feel of original with all the
comforts and convenience of modern all year home. Garage has become
winterized music studio.
- Renovated three-story semi-detached duplex in Sandy
Hill. Modern style in older building, low maintenance, turn-key city
home for professional family.
Design and Development
- Designed and built an environment friendly house at
Glen Tay; five bedrooms, three baths, passive solar/wood heat, all south
facing glass. Sold for twice the cost price.
- Directed all aspects of planning for small,
eleven-lot rural estate subdivision including negotiating zoning changes
and dealing with provincial and township regulators, from concept to