What We Do
GAIA HOME* Project Management - consulting services in
- Home and Garden Design
- Historical Restoration
* a division of LESLIE ENTERPRISES, an independent Canadian management consulting and project development firm.
GAIA HOME* Project Management
- takes a constructive, problem-solving approach to challenges and draws on a commitment to integrity, capable organizational abilities and valuable experience working with regulators, building trades and gardening contractors.
- manages cooperative processes among property owners, government agencies and contractors to develop, restore and renovate property, with a focus on beautiful, practical, cost-efficient results and maximum property value enhancement.
- creates and restores gardens to provide low maintenance, planet friendly sanctuary and long term personal and family enjoyment.
Sample projects include:
- Modernized a charming century home in old Britannia Village. Maintained cottage appearance; installed state of the art windows, doors, kitchen, bathroom, hardwood floors, wrap-around porch, traditional double lot garden.
- Completely restored a derelict, three story Victorian brick home in Sandy Hill; modern high efficiency, low maintenance interior with 19th century look and atmosphere.
- 1839's stone house and out buildings near Perth. Two year project, included six bedroom home, all new infrastructure (basement, heating, well & septic, hydro ...), pottery studio and children's play room in former drive shed, five acres of lawns and gardens, swimming pool, period fences, two 60 ft perennial beds, 200 ft shore front on stream. Upon completion, property value estimated at more than four times cost price.
- Modernized a large family home in Rockcliffe Park, including sun room and dining room additions, maid's quarters, one acre of lawns and garden, field stone garden wall.
- Redesigned and winterized a 1945 classic Ontario cottage at Rideau Ferry. New dwelling has look and feel of original with all the comforts and convenience of modern all year home. Garage has become winterized music studio.
- Renovated three-story semi-detached duplex in Sandy Hill. Modern style in older building, low maintenance, turn-key city home for professional family.
Design and Development
- Designed and built an environment friendly house at Glen Tay; five bedrooms, three baths, passive solar/wood heat, all south facing glass. Sold for twice the cost price.
- Directed all aspects of planning for small, eleven-lot rural estate subdivision including negotiating zoning changes and dealing with provincial and township regulators, from concept to final approvals.